Login to access subscriber-only resources.
Submission Preparation ChecklistAs part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- The submission file is in Microsoft Word document file format.
- Where available, URLs and DOIs for the references have been provided.
The text is 1.5 spaced, uses Times New Roman 12-point font and all illustrations, figures, and tables are placed within the text at the appropriate points, rather than at the end. Figures and graphs must be intepretable in both colour and greyscale. Articles will be published online in colour and printed in black and white.
- The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines, which are found in About the Journal.
- If submitting to a peer-reviewed section of the journal, the instructions in Ensuring a Blind Review have been followed.
Please confirm that you will add all of your co-authors in Step 3. Failure to do so may result in your co-authors not being listed on the article at publication. All co-authors must meet the criteria for authorship. Participation in the acquisition of funding and/or data collection does not merit authorship credit.
- This is a new submission, not a revised version of a manuscript already under review within AJNM.
Report on Conference
The editorial board of the Africa Journal of Nursing and Midwifery (AJNM) would like to ensure that all national and international conferences, seminars, scientific and technical as well as other important gatherings are reported on on in the AJNM, given that not all readers of the AJNM are in a position to attend conferences. Therefore, it will be beneficial for the AJNM community/readers/subscribers who cannot attend such scholarship gatherings to be informed of matters deliberated upon.
Copyright Notice for Subscription Content
Copyright will be vested in Unisa Press. However, as long as you do not use the article in ways which would directly conflict with the publisher’s business interests, you retain the right to use your own article (provided you acknowledge the published version of the article) as follows:
- to make further copies of all or part of the published article for your use in classroom teaching;
- to make copies of the final accepted version of the article for internal distribution within your institution, or to place it on your own or your institution’s website or repository, or on a site that does not charge for access to the article, but you must arrange not to make the final accepted version of the article available to the public until 18 months after the date of acceptance;
- to re‐use all or part of this material in a compilation of your own works or in a textbook of which you are the author, or as the basis for a conference presentation.
Copyright Notice for Open Access Content (Article Publication Charge applicable)
Authors who publish open access with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.